1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

What's a fire bet?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"We make news the old-fashioned way. We fake it."

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I like to think of "fake news" to be things like, "She sold 20 percent of our uranium to Russia!" and "Real Unemployment rate!"

franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So, he really went there.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Navajo Code Talkers met with Trump today. So, naturally, he took the chance to call Sen. Warren "Pocahontas."

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Translation: He pointed out a massive flaw in YF's logic, so YF is running away, but he lacks the integrity to admit what he is doing.

WCIBN likes this.
  7. typefitter

He's exactly what the president would be in a Ricky Gervais show about a fictional president.

Double Down, HC, lakefront and 2 others like this.
  8. typefitter

@YankeeFan is the least intellectually honest member of this board—the least genuine and sincere—which makes his affection for Trump totally logical. We see people in whom we see ourselves do something we could never do, and that allows us to pretend that we could.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Seriously? It’s a troll situation. Sincerity is not a part of the posts or the persona. All trumpeters are trolls, not all trolls are trumpsters. Members if this board, at heart,are too educated, smart and literate to actually be trumpsters. But are immature enough to be trolls.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are precious.

Don't ever change.

11. typefitter

Or it's that. I don't understand trolls, so I have a blind spot for them, even though I know they exist.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

When the dice go to a new shooter at the craps table, you can bet that the shooter will roll every number between 2 and 12 (except when crapping out with a 7) before losing the dice. This might get hit once a day; it's definitely a long-shot play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.