1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm sure some do. It's not nearly as prevalent as it used to be, for a variety of reasons.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Shit yes I drove it. The salesman looked at my face and was already counting his commission. I'm in a fairly reckless time in my life, and I'm not sure who was more shocked when I said I needed to think about it: me or him.

I really am driving a Honda Fit tomorrow. Hopefully there is a jar in it somewhere for my balls.

Big Circus and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Not as much. That's what phones are for.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I will be getting a new car next spring to replace my 2003 Toyota Corolla. I could at this point afford a hot car or a really nice one, but there's no point here in Boston. It's bound to get dinged (I had two accidents last 10 years, each time I was stopped at a red light) and the weather eats cars up. So something OK that goes in snow is my only goal.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. typefitter

This is my fear.

6. typefitter

Enjoy your 2018 Toyota Corolla, Michael.

franticscribe likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That makes me a bit sad. Some of my best times with friends were spent just cruising around, listening to the radio and shooting the bull. Hell, my wife and I used to do pre-kid as well. We'd go driving around looking at houses and neighborhoods.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

amraeder and Hermes like this.
  10. typefitter

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Fuck 'em. It's your life. Live it.

You don't have to buy a ground pounding dinosaur with 700 hp. You can have a lot of fun (and a degree of practicality) with a hot hatchback or a smaller coupe. Hellcat is a full bore muscle car, which isn't my taste but I understand the appeal, and if that's what turns you on then yeah, you're going to suck down gas and pump out C02. If it isn't, look at a Civic SI while you're at the Honda dealer. Look at a VW Golf GTI. Hell, look at a two or three year old BMW 3 series.

Whatever it is, go on and do it now, so you'll have memories later instead of regrets. I drove practical beaters forever, but when my parents passed and I came into some inheritance money, I bought a $6,500 Miata. I've never turned them loose. We've been through five of them now, because as soon as I got mine my wife realized that she didn't want to drive a fatass rolling couch of a standard American car either.

There are lots of choices out there. Hellcat is pretty extreme, but you can get the same adrenaline rush with a lot of other choices... but if it moves you, buy a red Porsche. Midlife crisis be damned, that just means that you are at a point in your life that you can do what you want to and they are sniping out of envy.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

But not the doorman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.