1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Ball Theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Vombatus likes this.
  2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

"She thinks what I tell her to think."

--LaVar

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Why would a prominant [sic] American player have played for the Lithuanian coach?

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what they mean by "prominent." I'm mostly familiar with the University of Rhode Island, but even guys at that mid-major level who make an all-conference team usually have at least a cup of coffee in foreign leagues, and more typically get a couple of years of run. When I read that, I thought that's the type of player they meant - like a D-League tryout roster filler, mid-tier college star or role players - as opposed to an ex-NBA guy.

5. Big Circus

Deadspin actually linked off to a tweet from a specific player who said similar things about the coach, and weirdly, it was Billy Baron, son of Jim, formerly of URI. (And Canisius, and Virginia, he said as the electric current hit his body.)

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

BC, ha, what are the odds? :) Billy had a hell of a weird college career. Eschewed playing for Jim Baron initially because he was getting high D1 looks, but then transferred to URI for more playing time, and it was probably the level he should have been at initially. He was really good at URI, but his dad went 0-for-10 in NCAA tournament appearances and had a pretty horrific final year. Billy initially seemed open to playing for Dan Hurley, but transferred before the season started.

Big Circus likes this.
  7. Big Circus

Yeah, he started off at UVA with a couple of double-digit games, then never hit that level again. Can't blame a guy for wanting to play for his dad.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Someone buy these kids a soccer ball for Christmas. They could be the future of the USMNT.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I don't care about basketball anymore. Among the many reasons: The Ball Family winds up in front row seats at Madison Square Garden and Loudmouth Dad slapshakes with Spike Lee. The NBA and its teams are celebrating this shit show by accommodating Loudmouth Dad.
    (I only know this because it made the 11 o'clock news last night when I was trying to find out fire information.)

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The former would require BBB to generate some revenue.
    The latter is the likely scenario.

Tweener likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

When the shoes debuted for ordering they were to be shipped sometime in November, 2017.
    Did Ball deliver the shoes ordered? How many were sold?

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I just don't understand stuff like this. You see Porzingis last night? 37 points, 11 rebounds, and still an absolute trip to see what a guy that big and gangly can do on the floor. He's just incredibly entertaining to watch. Hell, even Lonzo had 17/8/6 and that goofyass jump shot was falling. The game went overtime.

Who cares who was sitting courtside?

Draft saved Draft deleted