1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: So we were talking about rules

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That might have been after the infamous '84 Bears/Raiders game which saw Marc Wilson get concussed, then David Humm get his knee shredded (ending his career) and then Ray Guy nearly playing quarterback before Wilson coming back in to finish the game, and, as I recall, breaking a bone in his hand as well.

As I remember, Jim Plunkett and Jim McMahon already weren't active for the game and the Bears had Rusty Hilger playing quarterback at one point.

Imagine the outrage today if Wilson was allowed to renter the game.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Brian Mitchell played quarterback for the Redskins in the infamous Bodybag Game in 1990. Jeff Rutledge and Stan Humphries were injured during the game, and Mark Rypien and Gary Hogeboom were already hurt and didn't play.

Mitchell went 3 for 6 for 50 yards.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hopkins just made an amazing catch for a touchdown for the Texans. Of course, he got away with blatant offensive pass interference, grabbing Joe Haden's jersey on the way up.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What's funny about oopian Steelermania pbp is that there's never just a normal play. Everything -- EVERYTHING! -- is attached to something else.

Hopkins not only made a TD catch but of course he got away with a blatant offensive pass interference.

LOL, nothing can ever just be as is.

2 plus 2 isn't 4 in oop's world. 2 plus 2 is 4 because 4 pushed 5 out of the way to be there first. LOL.

Rhody31, QYFW and JC like this.
  5. outofplace

Watch the play. Hopkins grabbed Haden's jersey as he went up. It was a bad no-call. It was also a spectacular catch, worthy of note, no matter what he got away with.

Also, play-by-play? I barely posted during this game, thus proving my point that some of you whiners will complain no matter what I do. I am constantly amused by the space I occupy in the heads of folks like you.

6. Songbird

LOL "in the heads" ... you're in nobody's heads, you're in black and white on this page.

Whiners. Complain.

I think you're using the wrong vocabulary, again.

BTW, Hopkins scored that touchdown even though he caught a handful of ball. Should've been a penalty. You know, grabbing.

Why should you be able to grab a ball but not a jersey?

Merry Christmas!

7. outofplace

Speaking of problems with vocabulary, I said he had a handful of jersey and he did. He got away with it. You are so obsessed with coming after me that you have to make a thing out of it. So yes, I occupy space in your head.

Not my holiday, but if it wasn't meant with sarcasm, I'd appreciate the sentiment.

8. Songbird

The vocabulary was correct. You missed the joke and that's fine, my fellow heeb.

9. outofplace

Given the lack of humor in the joke, I wasn't sure so I went with proving you wrong yet again.

Also, my initial vocabulary was absolutely correct. Whiners like you complain about my posts on these threads no matter what I do.

That said, it was nice to see the Steelers get a rare blowout victory. With Brown's injury, they had to have the bye. Assuming the Patriots will blow the Jets off the field Sunday, the Steelers can probably get the starters some rest in the second half next week.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

When you have a fine ride like TJ Yates, you just can't keep it covered in the garage.

Slacker, Michael_ Gee and amraeder like this.
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Whoever had OOP in the Christmas night argument pool please come collect your winnings.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Hopkins' catch would be disallowed if it came against the Patriots.

Draft saved Draft deleted