1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yep. He was appalled that anybody would consider it corrupt. And now he has convinced a few national college football writers -- particularly SEC-friendly figures -- that he deserves another chance.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When the Army is LOLing you ...

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Considering 66 million voted for Clinton, I think it’d be fair to say that some people didn’t show up in certain states because they were too pure for both candidates.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Hillary Clinton might have a pretty good claim to it, too.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Wow, our marijuana states are a big help in driving the economic recovery. Thanks, weed!

cc: @YankeeFan

Attention Pot Smokers: This Fast-Food Giant Has a Meal Deal for You

A steady improvement in favorability toward weed, as well as sales growth, has marijuana growers and retailers performing exceptionally well. However, the benefits of state-level expansion aren't limited just to marijuana companies. Other industries could benefit from the green rush as a result.

Jack in the Box announced a partnership with cannabis-focused digital-media company Merry Jane, which is backed by rap mogul Snoop Dogg, an active weed enthusiast, to offer weed-themed meals geared at pot smokers in select locations. For example, with recreational-marijuana sales kicking off in select licensed dispensaries on Jan. 1 in California, fast-food giant Jack in the Box announced a partnership with cannabis-focused digital-media company Merry Jane, which is backed by rap mogul Snoop Dogg, an active weed enthusiast, to offer weed-themed meals geared at pot smokers in select locations.

According to a company press release, three locations in Long Beach, California will be testing "Jack's Munchie Meals" between Jan. 18 and Jan. 25. The meals, which will include two tacos, five mini churros, three chicken strips, a box filled half with curly fries and half with onion rings, and a drink, are naturally being priced at $4.20 (a code term referring to cannabis consumption) to really drive home Jack in the Box's attempt to court marijuana-using customers.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Drew Magary's turn in the slamfest ...

Everyone around Donald Trump is too polite to Donald Trump. Democrats, foreign dignitaries, underlings… all of them. And the White House press is perhaps the worst offender. From the media pool playing along with Sarah Sanders during press conferences—conferences where Sanders openly lies and pisses on democracy—to access merchants like Maggie Haberman doling out Trump gossip like so many bread crumbs, too many reporters have been far too deferential to an administration that is brazenly racist, dysfunctional, and corrupt. And for what purpose? It’s clear to me that Haberman and the like aren’t saving up their chits for just the EXACT right time to bring this Administration down. No, the only end goal of their access is continued access, to preserve it indefinitely so that the copy spigot never gets shut off. They are abiding by traditional wink-wink understandings that have long existed between the government and the press covering it.

But Wolff didn’t do that. He did not engage in some endless bullshit access tango. No, Wolff actually USED his access, and extended zero courtesy to Trump on the process, and it’s going to pay off for him not just from a book sales standpoint, but from a real journalistic impact. I am utterly sick to death of hearing anonymous reports about people inside the White House “concerned” about the madman currently in charge of everything. These people don’t deserve the courtesy of discretion. They don’t deserve to dictate the terms of coverage to people. They deserve to be torched.

Michael Wolff Did What Every Other White House Reporter Is Too Cowardly to Do

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Well that seems to be set up for people to make sure workers are entitled to work. I am talking about the ones who hire illegals on purpose to--I guess--save money.
    I was told the story of someone looking for a job in construction in S. Carolina. The day he went he was told there were no openings but he did see what he thought to be illegals working. I asked the person who told me this if he for lack of a better word, "turn the guy in" you know, or file some kind of complaint. It seems that if people were exposed and penalized for hiring illegal immigrants over citizens it would cut down on opportunity, as it supposedly did in the 80s when our economy stunk and fewer people tried to come. No opportunity, no need to come. I would like to know the republicans thoughts on this but I assume they are afraid to alienate the business community.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm awaiting Simmons' take on covering the White House.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.