1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I wondered about that too. NOI doesn't fit into either Sunni or Shia Islam.

I would guess he was invited because he's such a critic of many of America's institutions. Hell, maybe some in the CBC suggested him as a guest.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think he insulted one our allies and the host nation by not standing when its athletes entered the stadium. It was not a gentleman’s move.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

With so many journalists there focused on the North Korea-South Korea-USA menage a trois (and how NBC gave Pence a pass on this during coverage is a mystery), this flew past a lot of folks, IMO. Especially important in Asian cultures (if I can make a geeralization).
    And as it turns out, North and South are taking some baby steps toward talks without the help of the U.S., which, if it continues, may bring on the mother of all tweetstorms.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Where the Olympics are concerned, NBC is the official house news service of the IOC.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"Table Service in America Made Great Again."

[​IMG]

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Fun fact: This marks the second straight Olympics where the host country's head of state was bounced within a year of the opening ceremonies. Also, the second straight female leader.

7. heyabbott

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they’ve stolen the show at these Olympics.

9. heyabbott

Traitors for not clapping?

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The food box plan is interesting but a knee to the crotch of grocers. Hard to believe the Walmart family signed off on this. Of course the budget for the program calls for the states to be responsible for delivery of the food boxes.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

LOL. Hey, @YankeeFan, I thought Pence was dead-set
    against man-boners. WTF, dude? And where's Mother!?!

[​IMG]

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

One, you really believe the U.S. has nothing to do with the talks?

Two, despite NBC dropping the ball, many fine institutions stepped up to remind us that North Korea is more than just a brutal regime that degrades and kills its citizens with ruthless efficiency. The murderous leader’s sister has a sly smile! The creepy cheerleaders are great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.