1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OTBP!

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

The 9 year old that I know told me that one step is for all the kids to grab something so they can be ready to throw it the shooter---or whoever, I would guess---when they come in the room. I thought that was pretty clever to create that kind of distraction. (of course too bad they have to learn it)

3. lakefront

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The protocol is run, hide, fight.

If cornered, even if unarmed, you must fight, or else risk being mowed down one by one.

This is what the discussion of “arming teachers” leaves out.

An armed teacher, along with their students, should still run and hide. But, if cornered, and forced to fight, it might be nice to be armed with more than a dry eraser.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

True. But it's hard to run when you have bone spurs.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't want my children going to school every day where guns are in the building in the hands of anyone other than law enforcement. They would be transferred to a private school.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'll bet SHYFS didn't even buy the press corps gifts from the Olympics.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Like all the times, when I've been a copy editor (if you remember those), I've had to explain to reporters and editors that Cinco de Mayo is not Mexico's independence day.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Avid sportsman, I assume.

SnarkShark likes this.
  11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Maybe it was target practice day?

12. lakefront

If we knew the shooter would go directly to the room with the armed teacher I might give the idea more consideration. But odds would be they won't and your guy still expects the teachers to be aggressive and stop the shooter before the first 3 minutes goes by. I would be for security guards, professionals, volunteers, whoever, but let the teachers be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.