1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Your dad talks in his sleep

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump's Gridiron speech he will give on Saturday.

I love gridiron. Football is just great. American football. Not soccer, which is popular in England. The media in England also treats me very unfairly. Almost as bad as here. The other day, I visited Fort Knox. It had almost as much gold as Trump Tower, that I can tell you. Fort Knox was named after Chuck Knox. He was a football coach. Great coach. Seahawks. Chuck Fairbanks was also a football coach. Patriots. They're owned now by Bob Kraft who is a very good friend of mine. I used to own a football team. The best football team to ever play in that state, I will tell you that. They were tremendous, terrific. Not like today's players of course. Those sons of bitches kneel during the national anthem. What a disgrace. Probably all of them are friends the guy who used to have my job. You know who I am talking about. But we don't like to talk about him. Do we folks?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

May have avoided another one:

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

How did a 13-year-0ld get his hands on that gun?

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Fairbanks was coach of the team that I bought. But before I got there, he only went 6-12 with that best football team to ever play in that state because he wouldn't give the ball to Herschel Walker enough. Can you believe that?

So I met Chuck Fairbanks, and said, 'You're fired.' Tried to bring in Don Shula. An absolute legend. But he wanted an apartment in my Trump Tower. I told him that I don't live next door with my hired help, folks, so he stayed in Miami. Did he ever get another championship with the Dolphins, folks? Of course not. He had Dan Marino and never won another championship. I would have gotten him a championship.

Hired Walt Michaels, great coach. He gave Herschel the ball, and one year, he gained over 3,500 yards rushing. We made the playoffs both times. But the other owners in my league were small potatoes. They kept wanting to play in the spring. I wanted to Make the USFL Great Again, so I told them we needed to be in the fall.

We would have been yuugge playing against those sons of bitches in the other league. But Little John Bassett Hound and Chubby Chet Simmons weren't all-in, and our league failed because of those losers. I had Herschel, Doug Flutie, and I would have had Jim Kelly too. It would have been yuugge. We would have been yuugger than the '86 Mets."

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    HanSenSE, Smallpotatoes and garrow like this.
  8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well, the Generals have been undefeated since 1985.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Isn’t Canada in the midst of debating a possible extension of euthanasia for children?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

the Trump border wall is not a very high priority for his base.
    * a plurality of voters agreed with Pelosi about tax cut "crumbs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.