1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You are giving us a lovely glimpse of how you'll react when Trump finally goes down, one way or another: like a mewly little bitch.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

New York City is great. Its in-state suburbs are nice. Upstate has some beautiful places to live, and unfortunately a lot of smaller cities that lost much of their economic rationale by 1990 or so. Are there hassles to living in the city? For sure. But there are also rewards.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Let me make fun of New York. It's all I have here in Indiana.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Shafer, on Nunberg

The Ballad of Sam Nunberg

I accept that some viewers would prefer journalists not cover stories like the Nunberg one out of concern for his well-being. Others, I suspect, want journalists to ignore the Nunberg stories not out of concern for him but for themselves: The coverage makes them cringe. But journalists aren’t supposed to look away. Their job is to watch and re-watch and watch some more until they’ve satisfied their need for watching. If we’re going to charge anybody with the responsibility to look away, we should leave that choice to individual news consumers.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Any violations she may have committed were washed away by her good works in helping Bowling Green recover from that tragedy.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

By the way, while we’re debating what’s newsworthy, can we all agree that a photo of a 2-year-old looking at a painting ISN’T?

Even if it went “viral?”

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

My god, these people are shameless idiots.

Report: Sutherland Springs Shooting Conspiracy Theorists Arrested At Church

"The church’s pastor, Frank Pomeroy, told the Express-News that he saw the pair approach the church and intervened when Mann began to write “the truth shall set you free” on a nearby poster designated for visitors’ notes to the church.

Ussery “continually yelled and screamed and hollered and told me he was gonna hang me from a tree, and pee on me while I’m hanging,” Pomery told the paper.

The pastor, whose 14-year-old daughter was killed in the massacre, added, referring to Ussery: “He said, ‘Your daughter never even existed. Show me her birth certificate. Show me anything to say she was here.'”

“I just told him there was enough evidence already visible, so if he chooses not to see that, how would I know he would believe anything else?” Pomery told the Express-News."

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

New York City? Or New York State?

You might be surprised how much in common places like Binghamton and Syracuse and Schenectady have with Ft. Wayne or South Bend or Evansville.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don't like when my bad jokes are countered with reason and seriousness.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As an undercover agent posing as a "sportsjournalist" working on behalf of the Poughkeepsie Chamber of Commerce, it is my job to take you seriously.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Like the Oscars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.