1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Someone post the Joker meme!

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This thread is going to stay closed for a while.

Here is the deal: It doesn't matter who the person is, what you think is fair, what you think the person revealed about themselves on here in the past. DON'T OUT ANYONE, directly, indirectly. ... in any way.

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Our president

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Liberalism is a cult, so it wouldn't surprise me that the MAGA movement would tend toward that.

7. DanOregon

The whole "don't trust the media - only listen to me" thing is what you find in a lot of abusive relationships. A husband won't allow his wife to have friends or any opinions, or to seek out opinions that don't come from him. Constantly reinforcing the message that "all is well", that anyone who disagrees is an "enemy"? I don't think it's cult-like, more authoritarian. Seeing how people respond to him? Maybe that is cult-like.
    Trump's followers turned on Stormy Daniels as soon as she filed suit. They were fine with her as long as she stayed quiet.

I watched the "speech" last night and kind of felt sad for Trump. Clearly he needs the live feedback, the love of the crowd. He didn't even seem to be putting much effort into his remarks - just kind of a rehash - like seeing Dice Clay still doing the nursery rhymes or Gallagher doing the watermelon.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

I expect a lot of problems from this crowd if he is removed from office. A lot of problems.
    People aren't ready to talk about that but it would make 1968 look like a picnic.
    There needs to be a plan in place to deal with potential Mad-Max-level violence.

9. DanOregon

If he gets taken down, it will be the righties who do it. If the GOP loses the House, maybe they suddenly figure they would rather have Pence than risk Trump finding his inner Democrat and do a lame-duck impeachment.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

A cult acts against its own economic interests, in the face of good judgment.
    A cult thinks coal and steel is coming back when when more Americans work at his favorite fast-food chain McDonald's than in coalmines, and when the steel industry is almost entirely automated.
    This is just all common-sense stuff.
    Pat Buchanan had a good line the other day along the lines that the average Trumpist wishes every day were a sunny fall day in 1955. Those proportions are accurate.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s all been said.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Welcome back, everyone! Enjoy Infrastructure Week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.