1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The right thing to do would be to at least let the UN finish investigating.

BTExpress likes this.
  2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The crazy thing about Trump is that he has governed through a time of limited outside crisis. All of the drama has been of his own making. Now there's a legitimate problem that needs to be handled. But he has zero moral authority, and his intentions will always be subject to question. He has used up whatever benefit of the doubt he might have been given long before he really needed it.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump pardons Scooter Libby as a subtle gesture to let Cohen and Manafort know he's got their backs. The problem is that Cohen is facing New York state charges that Trump can do nothing about. I have to think he is going to roll over if he's faced with serious time. Manafort is so deep in the hole that no one knows how many more charges can be laid on him if needed.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

By the way, bombing a country ostensibly to save its people from its monstrous regime, while also refusing refugees from that same doomed country, is a whole bunch of craven, awful bullshit.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

There's value in a swift response. France and England's participation lends credibility to the operations, in my opinion. Had the U.S. acted unilaterally, I would not have viewed this action as favorably.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They’re bombing the Skittles flavors Trump doesn’t like.

7. bigpern23

The refusal of the refugees is, indeed, craven bullshit.

Iron_chet and Smallpotatoes like this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's a pretty short memory.

9. bigpern23

Do tell.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I compared his first 16 months to Obama's and it's crazy how much stuff that arrived on Obama's desk that he had no part in - hurricanes, economic meltdowns, nuclear meltdowns, disease outbreaks.

I don't know why anyone thinks that Comey saying stuff about Trump gives it any more or less weight than what most Americans already think.

11. Neutral Corner

What? The U.S. has allowed twelve Syrians in this year...

melock likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.