1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is Dickie even still here?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You scared him away.

TyWebb likes this.
  3. outofplace

You shifted the discussion away from my point. Why do I have to accept your more narrow premise? You change your standards based on whether or not you like the story. Of course, sometimes it's just a link to something you didn't even bother to read.

Again, this is like asking somebody to prove I'm a Steelers fan. It's who you are on this board. It's who you have been for years. I know you are messed up enough to keep databases of posters (cue YF claiming he was only kidding when he posted this), but I haven't descended to your level of damage.

Why would anybody cede a point to you on anything, ever? You refuse to do the same, at most offering a grudging "fair enough" and more often choosing to just ignore the point. Also, you respond to such honesty from others by being a complete jackass.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Quick, someone tell me what Dick did to get banned, so I can put myself out of my misery.

5. outofplace

Is that a promise to put all of us out of our misery? Please, do improve this place with your absence.

melock likes this.
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Let’s do a poll. See who the board would choose.

SnarkShark likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Where did fair enough become a thing again?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

B..H....R

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can’t see Trump enjoying his laid back, ukulele-driven music at all.

Wait ... wrong Jack Johnson. Sorry.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

BAGHAULER?
    BIGHONKER?
    BUGHANGER?
    BEGHARDER?
    BOGHURTER?

^^^^^^^^^^
    I've exhausted the fuckin' vowels. It has to be one of those capital crimes.

JC likes this.
  12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

The dude's long dead. It probably wasn't worth the perceived controversy it would have caused -- you know, optics -- whether it's the racial angle or the principles issue. I get your point and the retconning is probably bullshit. There's really no need for anyone to defend Obama on Twitter in this case, Joy. Any criticism of him related to this is purely partisan and is par for the course. Likewise, Trump hasn't been struck by some stream of altruism -- this pardon is strategic, too.

Hermes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.