1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree. YF hasn't always respected that line regarding people's personal lives, but I don't ever remember him posting about people's families.

2. outofplace

That is utter bullshit. That Ivanka Trump is part of the administration is a huge difference.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  3. outofplace

Damn. So sorry about that, John.

4. outofplace

Wow. The Trumpists have actually made up a phrase that sounds like a psychological disorder to help them in their desperate quest to defend President Trump?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm sorry.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Larry found that out too.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Catching up a bit, and this has zero to do with politics. But speaking of Citroen, Ms. Ragu's 88-year-old uncle has one of the car below (Citroen Deux Cheveau), except in rougher condition. He still uses it to drive it around the fields in the little French village he lives in. I want it so bad, to where I did the research to figure out how much it would cost me to deal with the rust on the floors, do a small restoration and have it shipped to the U.S. I don't think he believes I am serious with my offers to buy it. If I could get him to sell it, he would insist on a price well below what it is worth, because he has no concept of people actually WANTING one of these. He thinks I am nuts. He is a guy who lives in a home that is several centuries old without a phone (no cell phone) or internet, a small TV with rabbit ears. ... but he has a barn / garage with all kinds mechanical equipment and a bunch of cars. Just a different way of life.

[​IMG]

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

She deserves far worse.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You still see some of those driving around France. It's more of a lifestyle declaration, like if you drove a '60s-'70s Volkswagen Beetle here in the States. I don't blame you for wanting it.

10. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

My apologies @YankeeFan - I should have never gone down that road. I've seen your thread about your daughter and I know you care deeply about her and your wife.

Thanks everyone that reached out to me. Every day it gets a bit easier. There are little things that brings us back to that day, but we try to stay positive.

[​IMG]

Regards,

John

I Should Coco, JC and YankeeFan like this.
  11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.