1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

She's a lesbian?

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

No cake for her then.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yeah. There's just nothing to this Russia investigation. Nothing at all. All the people Trump hired for his campaign are all above board in all conduct.

garrow likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If Trump actually believed his nonsense, it would be one thing. But this is just about fealty. See, “their President”.

Slacker likes this.
  6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Songbird likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Had to figure something was about to happen with Manafort when Trump started tweeting about him again.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The best people!

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Hope Mueller nails Trump on Russia.

The nightly news on this matter is increasingly becoming white noise. And if he doesn’t nail Trump, even if he falls a little short, man, will it have been much ado over little.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This is the most accurate tweet.

Inky_Wretch and Neutral Corner like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Manafort was attempting witness tampering while he was on pretrial release. The guy has to be considered a flight risk. Put him in the pokey and let him think for a bit.

My understanding is that he was using encrypted messaging, Whatsapp or something similar, and that it goes back to February. That means that either Mueller had his phone penetrated or more likely whoever he was messaging (my money is on Gates or Cohen) took screenshots and either gave them to Mueller or he got his hands on them some other way.

I wonder about the timing on releasing this. Did Mueller give him enough rope to hang himself, or is this a targeted response to Trump's recent pardon signalling? The most common response to Trump's recent "Paul who?" tweets was that something was about to break, new charges or Paulie flipping. Now we know.

Poor Rachel Maddow. This story broke about fifteen minutes before her show starts. I bet that was a mad scramble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.