1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fixing an organization that is not operating properly is a bad idea?

Funny how you only poke your head out when you think you have a gotcha. You failed again. Now go crawl back under your rock and hide from the next 100 or fuck-ups by your side that you can't defend.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Starting from scratch means abolishing it.

She either believes that or is pandering to her base, which supports both abolishing ICE and open borders.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You obviously care deeply about yourself.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You obviously are incapable of talking in anything other than trollspeak.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's a Martyr Dad kind of day.

TigerVols and typefitter like this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

upload_2018-6-26_10-0-46.jpeg

typefitter and Baron Scicluna like this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Been busy. Kids out of school. PM me for details.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Ugh. See you tomorrow, I guess.

9. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Wait, pandering to one‘s base by saying outlandish things is bad?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

So weird. Remember when the travel ban was just temporary, while we "figure out what the hell is going on" and implement extreme vetting?

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It's honestly a great program, I think. My son still might end up in a group home after his mum and I are gone—and I hope you don't think I was judging situations like your brother's, because I understand that sometimes it's the best choice—but he doesn't understand money, and I don't think he will. So it's important to me to provide for him, and that money can be used for anything, including help. I get why there's a contribution cap, but I kind of wish there wasn't. I think my best case is that he'll have a million dollars in there, which sounds like a lot of money (and is), but it's $50,000 for 20 years. I'll have to bump it up with non-matched funds as well. But it's a really generous and good program, and I'm so glad it exists and that he qualified. I'm not sure whether he'll ever be anything like independent, but I want to give him the chance.

Canada doesn't do everything right, but it's a compassionate society. The default position is to help others in tough spots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.