1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And Mueller subpoenaed Trump's Deutsche Bank records back in December, so he already has them.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump is at 43.5% in the RCP average.

Rasmussen is not skewing the average. While they have him at 47%, so does the Harvard-Harris poll. Reuters and Monmouth have him at 45%.

The only polls that have him under 43% are garbage polls of "adults". No poll has him below 41%.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Thanks, KellyAnne!

HanSenSE and Slacker like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Losers. 0-2.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

https://splinternews.com/good-news-the-supreme-court-just-lost-its-conservative-1827204710

“In the recent past, it would have seemed absurd to allow the Supreme Court to operate at eight members. But they have already shown they can do it, when they weathered the long period between Anthony (sic) Scalia’s death and the confirmation of Neil Gorsuch to replace him. Indeed, the court functioned well enough that multiple Republicans decided, in advance of the 2016 election, that they were fine with it remaining an eight-member body indefinitely. Senators Burr, Cruz, and even John McCain promised to do whatever they could to keep a seat open throughout the entirety of Hillary Clinton’s first term. There is your precedent and your justification. This Is Normal.

“Indeed, it would seem quite abnormal to allow this president and this Congress to fill this vacancy. The president was elected without a popular majority and with the support—whether actively solicited or not—of foreign intelligence agencies looking to undermine public trust in the legitimacy of our elections. His campaign is currently under investigation for criminal activity, by a special counsel who has already filed charges against senior members of the president’s campaign team. It seems to me that there’s no good reason to allow an illegitimate president to make one lifetime Supreme Court pick, let alone two. Indeed, Watergate shows exactly how important it is to have an independent court while the executive branch is under criminal investigation—does anyone imagine it would have been legitimate if Richard Nixon, while under active investigation, had appointed justices who decided in his favor in United States v. Nixon?”

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This should be stitched into a sampler.

Steak Snabler and Big Circus like this.
  11. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

I wonder how much of the job rating is based on economic performance. Pres. Trump inherited some strong trends from Pres. Obama. I talked to some financial planners earlier this week and consensus seemed to be Leading Economic Indicators continue to trend up.

However, consensus also seemed to be we'll have slid over the peak and headed back the other way two years from now. Hopefully not back to 2008's crater, but based on historical norms, we'd be overdue for a drop. Can a candidate as polarizing as Trump win re-election in a recession-like economy?

12. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Both for my opinion of him and for my hope that Democrats do very well in November, I find this concerning. I’m sure you’ll take crap for posting this, but the fact that the guy is comfortably above 40 is a big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.