1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, I trust what some pissed off suburbanite posts on Yelp more than someone who actually inspects the kitchen. NASA, maybe I give you that, as I give you the downside of government, bureaucratic interference and playing political football with their budget. Local charities and food banks are not available everywhere, and they have no equivalent to a SNAP card that lets a family get food at the local market.

This one gets it's own line - "The world is more peaceful and environmentally cleaner than ever." Seriously, how did you get this out without being strangled under the weight of the falsehood?

Kids can get information via IPad/Internet. Do they teach themselves algebra? Does the Ipad get them into and keep them in classes seven hours a day, five days a week? Most kids I know, given an Ipod listen to music... an Ipad they can do more, but will they, or will they be on youtube, or whatever other website or app they want to? Teachers teach, and they also monitor to keep kids on task.

That's a seriously flawed post.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I reckon the world is so clean we don't need all those pesky clean air and water laws.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

"Anyway, apparently in his 90s. But I'd like to see some documentation" ~ swingline

Suspects caught on video beating elderly man in Willowbrook

It is not brought out in this story, but the man was walking down a sidewalk in his neighborhood. A woman and her little girl were coming the other way. The man bumped the little girl. The mother pushed him down and started beating on his head with a chunk of concrete block and yelling that he should go back to his own country.

4. Neutral Corner

I know a couple of places you need to come swim in.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Then why is the defense budget going up?

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Thanks, I can go watch my kids play in Times Beach.

EDIT: To NC's post, not Gargamel's cat.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

That headline doesn't live up to the hype, though.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

His nomination expired.

Kavanaugh waited three years for a vote.

Garland would still be on the clock if his nomination hadn’t expired.

Cry me a fucking river.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The environment is cleaner today than ever? Perhaps. But given your dear leader's choices for the Evangelical Pollution Agency and their fealty to corporate polluters, things will change. And not for the better.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

"That headline doesn't live up to the hype, though."

No, but it shows the beaten man on the ground dazed and a picture of the mother holding a chunk of concrete, as well as two eyewitnesses. The mother is a large woman. I don't doubt that she hit him hard, especially considering what she was hitting him with.

lakefront likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

Woman looks like a stereotypical Trump supporter.

12. YankeeFan

Yeah, but the woman wasn’t wearing a MAGA hat, so it’s a disappointment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.