1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. You should have seen the severe cases of Bush Derangement Syndrome we had here between 2001 and 2008.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

So many similarities, though.

1) Lincoln was known as "Honest Abe." A lot of people call Trump "Honest Donald." Believe me.
    2) Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg Address quickly, on the back of an envelope, during his train ride that day. Trump crafts many of his most eloquent speeches seemingly right as the words are leaving his mouth.
    3) Lincoln came from humble beginnings, the log cabin, taught himself the law, and he was a self-made man. Trump came from humble beginnings, Queens, and with innate business savvy, he created an immense fortune via his hard, grinding work ethic.
    4) Lincoln was quite the womanizer. It's little known that he met Mary Todd after scanning modeling agency daguerreotypes, and she caught his eye.
    5) Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, cementing his place in American history and making him a savior for millions of suffering people. Trump signed an executive order called, "Protecting the Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into the United States," which is otherwise known as the "Muslim Ban."

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

A presidency is more like an x-ray. Reveals people for what they are.

This one more than most.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

It was practice! (I was here but I think I stayed in the baseball thread and under a different name)

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Chuckling ... I just knew some would take that that way.

No, I am fine, but thanks anyway.

And now we resume our regular mocking programming ...

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yes, more than most. Have others felt that? One side of the family does not talk politics at gatherings any more and the other side, at this moment, this month, I don't want to hear their opinion.

I also wanted to mention the f'krs who did the morality preaching with their "prayers" for the guys family. I would have told them to go to hell, haha, but he took it, and thanked them. I hope to see tweets and opinions on that. Saw the body language guy but missed the dentist part, holy crap and insert Seinfeld reference here. I did like the one who listed all the negative--to put it mildly-- things the republicans said about trump during the campaign and since the election.
    Just like the Hillary emails--we never got a chance to see the republicans emails and so far we have not seen the NY FBI emails from the people who are suppose to be anti Hillary. So people -especially the deplorables- get the impression that it is only liberal that do this. (have personal opinions and text about them and that the republican officials probably tried to do what they could to stop trump)

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Just checking.

The Emotional Turmoil behind Picasso’s Blue Period

“It was thinking about Casagemas that got me started painting in blue,” Picasso later told his friend and biographer Pierre Daix. The death of his dear friend affected him deeply, and served as a catalyst for a series of canvases that he began soon after, each characterized by cold colors: melancholy blues, dusky greys, and sickly greens.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump cheats at golf course financials.

garrow likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

As great as the, "I'm a dentist," line was, we shouldn't let it overshadow the equally excellent, "you need your medication," exclamation.

I need to work that one into my repertoire as well.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Of course he is, and by definition so are his defenders. And they are happy to be.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The thing is, @Azrael was being sincere in his offer.

A community is only as good as its members.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

“Everybody’s so different I haven’t changed.”

Junkie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.