1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

2. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

It's actually pretty easy. When they claim something is "fake news," it's typically true. When they claim they are patriots, they are anything but. The populace simply needs to use its George Costanza translator and assume that the opposite of what they say is actually the truth.

matt_garth likes this.
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

‘Warning Lights Are Blinking Red,’ Top Intelligence Officer Says of Russian Attacks

The nation’s top intelligence officer said on Friday that the persistent danger of Russian cyberattacks today was akin to the warnings the United States had of stepped-up terror threats ahead of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

That note of alarm sounded by Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, came on the same day that 12 Russian agents were indicted on charges of hacking the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign. Mr. Coats said those indictments illustrated Moscow’s continuing strategy to undermine the United States’ democracy and erode its institutions.

“The warning lights are blinking red again,” Mr. Coats said as he cautioned of cyberthreats. “Today, the digital infrastructure that serves this country is literally under attack.”

[​IMG]

4. Slacker

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

How are we gonna fix that trade imbalance if Ivanka can't sell her swag there?

6. Slacker

My American friends are asking me about President Trump’s observation that the British "like him."

I regret this is quite unfounded.

The explanation for this canard is that Trump is pronoid.

Pronoid is the opposite of paranoid. A paranoid person thinks, without any basis in reality, that everybody is out to get them. A pronoid person is someone who thinks, without any basis in reality, that everybody likes them.

The fact is that the British loathe Donald Trump.

This is because he is the polar opposite of a "Gentleman," who has qualities the British admire. A fine example is Gareth Southgate.

To the British, a "Gentleman" is a man who is modest, well-mannered, self deprecating, quietly intelligent, considerate of other people’s feeling, and well-informed.

He is not vulgar, inflated, vain, boastful, noisily ignorant, sleazy and common as muck.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

– JOHN CLEESE

garrow and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I laughed when I saw a headline that protocol dictates the President does not kiss the queen. As if that was the worst thing that might happen.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that is only if the queen has a date with another person that night.

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Ha. I always enjoy when you and your cronies start calling others dopes or dummies. And speaking of tired schtick. "Abortion, amazing father, abortion, my kid did something, abortion, I'm such a wonderful father, abortion, abortion, abortion."

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Subtle /crossthread. Bravo.

Vombatus and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just go with Martyr Dad. It encompasses all of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.