1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump: “Suckers!”

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Many years ago, when I listened to Michael Savage, I remember him talking about Michelle Obama visiting with a family of illegal immigrants in New Jersey. He was outraged because he said the First lady had a legal obligation to arrest them or report them to the authorities.

Can somebody explain the logic in that statement to me?

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Whitman, a prolific though tormented board creature, tempted fate one time too many.
    He pushed too far after he was warned off, then dared someone to ban him. And he lost that bet.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Jesus. This comes up again? I thought we'd hashed this out the other day. Like I said then, I'd really really like to keep this open. So let's move on. Please.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Great scene. Great movie. Never understood why they took a huge liberty with the Frank Nitti death, but enjoyed it. One of those flicks I’m watching if I see it flipping around.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Why do people put up with that crap? Its disrespectful and bullying, Carlson talks over the guest every chance. FU buddy, you want to just hear yourself talk? I'm out of there.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I know the guest had to maintain his composure on TV, but he really shoulda told Carlson to Fuck Off, Motherfucker.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Part of the buzz is that Woodward has gone back to his roots as an investigative reporter to write this book.

Goodness, I hope so.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

My girlfriend and I are not prudes by any means, but when we watched it a few months ago for the first time, both of us couldn't believe how awful it was.

I'm 40ish. We posted on Facebook about how had it was and I had multiple friends who are 10-15 years older than me who vehemently defended it as an 80s comedy classic.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Oh for fuck sakes. This isn’t Fox News, you’re better than that.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Given the number of former - and soon to be former - members of the Trump Administration, it should be quite interesting. Woodward's books are known for people trying to throw colleagues under the bus.
    I guess my biggest question - and sure I know he has a book deal - but I find it hard to believe he hasn't come across anything that should be reported right away given this Presidency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.