1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You are the second-worst. The racist who liked your post is the worst.

2. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

The only people who can understand and judge this woman are people who have been in the same situation. I can't say she's wrong, and I can't say she's right. But I have been around special ed people enough in my life (I attended a summer program with mostly special ed kids for several years when I was a teenager - it was the closest program to my house) and I have a small amount of experience seeing the good (and there were many great things, similar to what many posters here have mentioned about the positive experiences they've had concerning special olympics) and the bad of what it entails for their parents. I like to think/hope it made me a better person in being able to understand people that are different.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  3. Fred siegle

Also, I think slacker said it better and with less verbiage.

4. Fred siegle

And q, I really wish you wouldn't make these things so personal.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My boss is all Trumped out now and doesn’t want anything Trump-related on the front page or the edit page. That’s how Trump wins.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Plenty of women oppose abortion.

Also, some people see abortion as something close to murder. Perhaps you don’t. Others do. What makes you right and them wrong? What makes you wrong and them right? It’s an existential, deep question, and to have it reduced to some pithy line about men and women does a disservice to the issue.

SnarkShark likes this.
  10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There are right answers to questions Not everything is grey. Not everything is context and perception. Telling other people what they can do or can’t do with their bodies because it upsets you is an absolute wrong.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Don't know that Trump has had much to say about the California wildfires. I assumed that's because they're, well, in California and are therefore not worthy of any federal assistance because California didn't vote for him. If he takes a look, he'll see that one of the largest is in a county (Shasta) that he won by a 2:1 or maybe 3:1 margin. So maybe he'll advocate for the Redding area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.