1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Correct. And there are more than 150 million phishing attempts sent every DAY. It's called life in 2018.

I get one every other week from some place saying my Adobe Flash is out of date and "click here to install update." Looks legit, right down to the logo. Woe to anyone who clicks on the install button, however.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Great googly moogly ...

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Here's the rather obvious difference:

(CNN)Parts of an operation linked to Russian military intelligence targeting the US Senate and conservative think tanks that advocated for tougher policies against Russia were thwarted last week, Microsoft announced early Tuesday.

The disclosure, coming less than three months ahead of the 2018 midterms, demonstrates new ways in which Russia is attempting to destabilize US institutions. The news also places additional pressure on President Donald Trump to take action, even though he downplayed Russia's involvement as recently as Monday.

In its announcement, Microsoft said it executed a court order giving it control of six websites created by a group known as Fancy Bear. The group was behind the 2016 hack of the Democratic National Committee and directed by the GRU, the Russian military intelligence unit, according to cybersecurity firms.

The websites could have been used to launch cyberattacks on candidates and other political groups ahead of November's elections, the company said.

Microsoft said the domains were "associated with the Russian government and known as Strontium, or alternatively Fancy Bear or APT28." The company said it has no evidence that the domains were used in successful attacks but that it was working with the potential target organizations.

Microsoft argued in court that the domains were posing as some of its company's services.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  6. Steak Snabler

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My prediction is Trump will commute Manafort's sentence but not issue a full pardon, a la Scooter Libby. Pardoning Manafort removes any requirement of Fifth Amendment protection, and he can thus be compelled to testify against Trump.

Looks like Cohen is going to sing, so no pardon for him.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t that make a pardon more likely? It would be the only way Trump could get him to stop talking.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Everything I’ve seen says he’s not cooperating with the feds.

10. Steak Snabler

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Is it weird if I start masturbating furiously in the coffee shop? This time it wouldn't be sexual.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Everything I’ve seen says he’s not cooperating with the feds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.