1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No. It’s fake. It’s 200 miles. And the bidding process to favor a Russian owned concrete and steel company in Texas.

2. heyabbott

donate now. 1-800-MEX-PAYS

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. heyabbott

And he personally [rofits from the money. He makes money on the MAGA hats. It’s his best business ever It’s his best cash flow positive business and maybe his only cash flow positive business

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think that's a wildly optimistic estimate. I've seen an estimate that puts the total bill at $71 billion.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

A high speed rail project presently unfunded and stalled in CA (which appears ridiculous to me given cheaper airfare) is a better investment than a $71B border wall.....er symbol (only deterrent is to livestock and the infirm).

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

First shot of tonight's wall speech/fundraiser/cry for help:

[​IMG]

First line:

"What are you gonna do about it, America? You don't have the walls to stop me!"

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

He's keeping a list, too. As covered in chapter 2 of his "Dictatoring for Dummies" book.

I want to know who stood with me when it mattered most so I’ve asked my team to send me a list of EVERY AMERICAN PATRIOT who donates to the Official Secure the Border Fund."

9. heyabbott

Over 609,000. American s will die of cancer this year. Over 1,700,000 will be diagnosed with cancer this year. But the trumpistas want to throw away 100,000,000,000 dollars. Or whatever it works out to at $5 billion for every 200 miles.

600,000 dead Americans is an emergency and a crisis. And the conservatives don’t care. Fuck them. And fuck you if you think a wall is more important than cancer research.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

It’s $5 billion. On the scale of the budget, I don’t care.

But this is not how we appropriate money.

What are we getting for $5 billion? A concrete wall? Steel? See through? Actually just technology enhancements?

The President needs to be more specific - what exactly do you want $5 billion for?

We don’t give out money, and then later on figure out what we’re spending it on.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Alas, that happens so often in the budget process it's probably the MOST normal thing about Trump's request. See, JFK and the Moon, 1961. See, the entire financing of the Civil War and WW2. See the Iraq war for that matter.

12. heyabbott

It’s 5 billion for 200 miles of wall that is not needed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.