1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I have tried for years to understand it, and I honestly can't. I will never get the motivation.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Misery loves company.

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Please explain the pain they are enduring. Also, please point out which people involved in the strike were voted into the positions they now hold. By the way, that's one of the many ways your comparison of the shutdown to the teacher's strike fails miserably. We don't get to vote on the teachers in 2020.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What's the point? He's setting up an unloseable argument.

If there aren't any or many stories, he wins.
    If there aren't any because the strike is settled quickly, he wins.
    If there are a bunch, he still wins, because he alone will be the decider of how many is enough.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

LOL!

President Trump: "The Clemson championship team, the national championship team, will be coming tonight ... I think we're going to serve McDonalds, Wendys, and Burger King with some pizza. I really mean it. It'll be interesting."

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Farmers are planners. They look at the markets for various crops and then bet on what will bring the best return. They study long range weather forecasts. Often they have to take out loans to finance seed and chemicals and farm machinery, and they pay those back after the crop goes to market. A farmer's biggest enemy is instability, because it makes those decisions much more difficult.

And Trump is President, so instability is built in as a higher than usual factor.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

He thinks he's throwing a birthday party for a bunch of 7-year-olds.

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Odds that trump mistakes Trevor Lawrence for a woman, makes a pass at him? Parlay bet on who then slugs trump? Will go even money on Christian Wilkins. 2-1 it’s hunter renfrew. Five to one that is dabo. Won’t give odds on Tim Bouret because there is a good chance he punches trump for the hell of it just to have a new stat to use.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I guess Bojangles and Sambo's was closed. Maybe Cracker Barrel...

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Dabo is a maga

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We're going to have Wendy's. And Taco Bell is going to pay for it.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That quote actually cut off his next sentence: "And I would think that’s their favorite food."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.