1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And look what happened to him. More proof at how dangerous train travel can be.

Hermes likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I guess. She didn't make any news when she was running. She became news when she won and media outlets were shamed on social media for not covering her more.

They're doing that now. Boy, are they.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

AOC running on a "I hate Mondays and love lasagna platform" couldn't be any more stupid than the ones being trotted out by the two major parties these days.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, you said loonies, so...

Now they're goofs? The adults who went to the mall with the intent of stirring up the crowd are goofs? Some on this board can intuit an entire narrative of racist privilege based on the look on a kid's face, but the adults are annoying goofs?

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

*of whom you speak.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Whatever allows me to eat the most aioli, that's what I am.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The faculty at my Catholic high school would've dragged us out of there by our hair before it even approached the point depicted on video if we acted like that.
    We were encouraged to participate in pro-life activities, but as witnesses to God, not some sleazy charlatan who got himself elected to office.
    I really wonder if the adults helped put the kids up to this. If a brawl broke out at, say, a Covington Catholic basketball game, would the adults be handing those kids weapons?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

She did get a reasonable amount of local news coverage in NYC during the primary, even if it was mostly of the "long shot but human interest" variety. Better than nothing.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't disagree but, again, the issue is...why are adults, seemingly in possession of all their mental faculties, "goofs?"

Remember the issue at hand is racism. Why are the group of people in this situation who seem most intent on stirring up racial discord "goofs?" I mean, for a second, let's concede the very worst impression anyone may have of that kid. I don't buy the worst impression but let's concede it. The "goofs" are still independent of all that. Responsible for their own actions. What makes them "goofs?" Or, in an earlier version "loonies?" In both cases, they're not to be taken seriously. Their seeming instigation - nobody particularly disagrees on this, unless wearing the hats alone is instigation - is mere subplot. How's that happen? The kid, and what he did, standing there with a smirk with a hat on, needs to bear the full weight of sordid American history for his actions. But the adults are "goofs."

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Nobody takes those adults seriously. Life already punished them.

These kids are gonna be making six figures in six years.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Exactly. My point, it is made.

bigpern23 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.