1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but every time Elizabeth Warren uses a little bit of snark or sarcasm during the campaign, I like her even more.

She's not perfect, but no politician is. Her jabs typically aren't mean-spirited. You can almost feel the twinkle in her eye and the half smile when she tweets.

Plus, her approach drives Alma nuts, so maybe that's a sign that it works.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Buttigieg is on TV right now. Any rationale person should listen to him and say "this guy is good."
    I don't think he can beat Trump because the base will rally.
    I look forward to a clash with a number of American Legion associates if they bring up the gay thing.
    "Would you rather have a gay dude who volunteered for combat or a draft dodger whose dad paid his way out of a war where you got shot?"

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Their answer will be, TRUMP! MAGA!

And Swift Boat 2.0.

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Maddow was reading from the Anonymous book. Holy Shit!!! Pictures were the best way to get his attention...basically he needed fucking picture books because he is to stupid for even a paragraph. Crazy shit.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

He’s in mental decline and wasn’t smart to begin with.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

How can a book about the President being an idiot not even crack 300 pages?

garrow likes this.
  7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I voted republican for years and still consider my conservative, but Mayor Pete is my first choice for next potus. Sadly, it leaves me in a bind: do I vote in the dem primary for him knowing that the scum on the right will not vote against him and somehow I cheated the Dems if he gets in.

It’s how I felt in the 2016 gop primary. I voted for kasich knowing full well he had no chance, but couldn’t bring myself to vote Rubio or Cruz who had a better chance of beating trump. I figured someone else would.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Mayor Pete is still my first choice. His disconnect with African American voters right now is a huge problem. If he can bridge that gap he has a shot. I think he has a better chance than Warren.

Biden isn’t my first choice. But he still has the best shot at winning the general.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Bloomberg is smarter than Warren, more accomplished, more successful. He understands executive power. Warren, like Hillary, is always trying to prove her dick is bigger than yours. It’s more than trying too damn hard, it’s contrived.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That was awesome. :)

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.