1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What was the point of Wisconsin Republicans resisting extending the absentee voting for the primary? Was there something on the ballot they need to lose? Because I can't believe it will help them in November. The ads will write themselves. It makes no sense. You pretty much guarantee you'll motivate two voters in November for every one you block now - and that's just dumb.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

There was a state Supreme Court race with the incumbent being a Republican. They were trying to supress the vote to keep that seat

Webster likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can't like this enough. It is what many of us have been saying here. Many of the President Trump loyalists at the other place use the hateful, repulsive posts of some folks here to justify their side. It's what happens out in the rest of this country, too. When we act like that, when we get so angry or hateful that we lose what is best in us, we strengthen President Trump and his supporters. In their minds, we justify them doing and saying their worst. They love it. They celebrate it. They see it as a victory every time one of us climbs down into the muck with them. Playing their game is stupid, because it puts us at a disadvantage. I can be a nasty piece of work when the situation warrants it, but I can't match some of those people when it comes to hate-driven awful behavior. That is one of President Trump's few strong points. Why face him there rather than beat him with intelligence, education and understanding? Those are areas where he is weakest.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Michael Lewis talks about risk manager Donald Trump.

Michael Lewis explains how the Trump administration puts us all at risk of catastrophe

If the president is fundamentally a risk manager, then what does that make Donald Trump? What does Donald Trump do to the basket of risks that the US government is supposed to manage?

Michael Lewis

He amplifies them all. And he does so in various ways. One is that he has virtually no interest in hiring people for their ability to manage risks, for their understanding of risk, or for their knowledge and expertise about risks. So the people he hires in risk management positions are often wildly ill-suited to them because the only filter they pass through is a loyalty test to Donald Trump.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm angry and I snapped last night. I apologize for snapping, but not being angry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.