1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A nickel says that they never change the funding to WHO. As Ukraine knows, he’s all about the announcement and disinterested in the follow through.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I didn't say Mitch and the boyz would do anything about it. And what's even more depressing is Trumpers will likely make up a bigger part of the Republicans in Congress since they are in safe seats. I do think the post-Trump "pivot" will be more decisive than the post-Bush into Tea Party thing. The nice thing will be that Trump has sucked a lot of the dumbest Tea people out of Congress and put them into his administration.

3. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Right. He pretty much stopped following through on opening the country during his announcement yesterday, putting the weight on the governors. Basically, he said he's opening the country, but the governors have to do it. If they don't, he can blast them all summer long. If they do and it's bad, he can blame them. If they do and everything ends up OK, he'll take the credit. All for doing nothing. God, he's the fucking worst.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Politics doesn't work that way. If Presidents could blame others and get away with it, they'd always have an 80 percent approval rating. Trump's moron racist zombie army will fall for it, but nobody else. If I had to guess, I'd bet the country reopens as it closed, in a ragged, half-assed fashion involving much unnecessary death and suffering. This is unlikely to be to Trump's benefit.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

How convenient

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

In defense of the judge, they are dealing with basically a three month backlog of both civil cases and criminal cases right now, so a delay was inevitable.

2muchcoffeeman and Webster like this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just like in America!

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Like when?

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

One of the photos reminded me of this:

OIP.jpg OIP.jpg 5414660_8716bf615a.jpg

HanSenSE and swingline like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I can't help about the shape I'm in
    I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin
    But don't ask me what I think of you
    I might not give the answer that you want me to

12. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Biden suggests he would veto 'Medicare for All' over its price tag

I will grant you that in theory he is "for" "universal healthcare" but when it comes to specific ways of accomplishing that, he balks. Perhaps he will be pushed left on that to court Sanders fans, but I'm not optimistic given he's the guy who spent eight years as Obama's VP and still thinks Republicans will work with him once Trump is out of their systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.