1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Do no harm" ... unless you need to make some money, then 2-3% mortality is awesome!

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Survival of the fittest!

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Remember when 3 million was a catastrophic number?

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Overall about 6.6 million of US population, so Holocaust numbers. Thanks for voting!

6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I just don't understand this at all, even from an idiot like Dr. Oz. It's playing that argument that a lower percentage is some how good. I mean, it's a ton of people. How can a highly educated person go on TV and say something like this? Even if you think schools should be open. How did you come up with this helps your argument?

SFIND and OscarMadison like this.
  7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

The Worldometer tracker looks like it added NYC's excess death toll announced the other day, it was 3,500 or 3,700 or something like that, but didn't put it in the daily totals. So sort if jarring to see that.

It's the only tracker that has it. If it holds and others catch up it would likely put the U.S. past 35,000 deaths today.

8. My wife is a teacher. She is doing remote learning. *Most* of her students are doing the work. And everyone is safe in their homes.

Let's worry about other things first before we even consider re-opening schools.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

From Politico:

THE NEW ICU SHORTAGE — Hospitals in New York City are seeing a sudden shortage of dialysis fluids as thousands of coronavirus patients develop kidney failure, an unexpected development that could presage the next critical supply shortage nationwide, health care reporters Sarah Owermohle and Amanda Eisenberg write.

Roughly 20 percent of coronavirus patients in intensive care need the kidney treatment, often for weeks, a development that many providers did not see coming. The Federal Emergency Management Agency held a call Monday with the Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to discuss the possibility of issuing emergency use authorizations to import more dialysis fluids, according to a document obtained by POLITICO.

The same day federal regulators met, major New York hospital systems convened to discuss the emerging dialysis crisis. Some are struggling with dire shortfalls of dialysis fluids and trained nursing staff and have reached out directly to manufacturers for help, according to two people on the call.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You know, for years, for online abortion debates, I would argue with all sorts of facts, logic, and research. Who knew that all along, all I've needed was a global pandemic to make my argument for me?

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

What I'm going to wait for before I start ringing the calamity bells is how many jobs return when we start opening up again. Many of these claims is because businesses can't afford to shut down and still pay employees. Not saying all the jobs will magically return, but I am curious if we see a significant uptick in jobs or if we trickle back to normal.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

#AllLivesMatter

Draft saved Draft deleted