1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Thanks for voting!

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Another sure fire vote getter!

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Since our gyms are closed I went for a three-mile walk TO my gym and back yesterday. I pass a house on my route through my neighborhood (keep in mind, I live in a middle class neighborhood of split level homes and ranches that has a Barnes and Noble and a Wegman's, not the El Dorado Trailer Court) that has a big Trump flag flying in front yard. I walked past yesterday and noticed this bearded goon has added a sticker to his Jeep that says, "Trump 2020: make liberals cry again." I realized then that this really is what it is about for them. They're entirely too fucking stupid to understand big picture concepts. All they know is that there is this group of people they don't like and they like to see them upset. That's what they base their personal politics on.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

SITFU America.

I'm so tired of Americans - so willing to talk about heroic health care workers, the military, law enforcement, whomever - we all have a chance to step up for our fellow Americans and we're whiffing mightily.
    My grandma told me stories about the rationing in WWII, the Liberty Gardens, war bonds etc. We've grown terribly soft as a country.

OscarMadison and Gutter like this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

yes but your grandma could get a haircut and the enemy wasn't invisible she was trying to make our president look bad she was the original 5g

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Ainsley Earhardt Worries About Au Pair Under Trump's Ban

“Many families here, including mine, we have au pairs and we rely on them,” said Earhardt. “I go to work at 3 in the morning, so I need her there and I need her in my house so that she can help me with my daughter.”

“So, many families rely on child care from other countries. These au pairs come here on work visas. They have to go back to their country to get the visas renewed and we’ve been talking about how that’s gonna happen,” she continued. “These are questions that we have that hopefully the president will roll out a plan and informed on all of this is going to affect all of our lives.”

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Seventy-five years of telling people this place is special and they're special because they live here breeds a special kind of entitlement. The people here during WW2 were recent immigrants and their children and they knew they had work to do. They understood sacrifice because they made sacrifices to get to America. Everyone who has come since has just been drafting off of the heat.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

It's not so much that America has gone soft, it is that 30 percent of our country hates their fellow Americans more than the Americans of 1942 hated Germany or Japan.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's sad that Earnhardt's concern is far more likely to prompt Trump to reverse his decision, than thousands of pleas from relatives seeking to have their loved ones come over to help look after the kids at home due to no school while mom and dad go back to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.