1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The hell-bent open-it-up-now MAGGATS are working to spread the virus as fast as they can to as many people as they can.

Some will die. How many? Who knows, we'll see!

That is it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

My 21-year-old son is making more money from unemployment than he did when he was working. And I have no problem with that. He is providing more value to society at large by STAYING THE FUCK HOME and not risking infection or infecting other people.

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Okay, let me lay this out for you. Once your lungs are damaged, short of a transplant or some miraculous development of prosthesis in the future, you have lost your ability to breathe the way you could before you got sick. It's a good bet that the majority of the people who recover from COVID will be unable to function in the workforce the way they did before the pandemic. Wanna look at the bottom line? That's going to hurt the economy far more than the inconvenience of a shutdown.

Have you ever had pneumonia or a freak respiratory bug that some careless nurse left on your keyboard? Let me tell you from experience: It hurts. I begged my doctor to LD me when I was going through the latter. Now, I'm grateful he didn't. Frankly, I'd prefer to live. There's a lot of good left in the world and I still want to contribute to it and experience it.

"Stay. The. Fuck. Home. like a good soldier"

Really? Fuck you, asshole. Do you think I like sheltering in place? Right now I should be in New Mexico talking to gallery owners about representing me, something I have worked for years to make happen. Instead, I'm being called a sheep by some anonymous asshole who can't think beyond the confines of his own skin.* Go soul kiss someone from your fascist death-cult if you want to see people die just to protect the economy. Dan Patrick is a good candidate. Should I start a GoFundMe to ship your worthless ass to Austin?

On behalf of the friend in Lubbock who is making arrangements for her mother because she has been working as a nurse and got COVID and is probably not going to see the month of May, much less her mother, I want to send someone a case of Shiner Bock if they'll scream Dan Patrick down every time he tries to talk in public.

*Sticktaps to A. Whitney Brown for that turn of phrase.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Facts continue to have a distinct anti-Trump bias.

A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

The study was posted on an online site for researchers and has been submitted to the New England Journal of Medicine, but has not been reviewed by other scientists. Grants from the National Institutes of Health and the University of Virginia paid for the work.

Researchers analyzed medical records of 368 male veterans hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus infection at Veterans Health Administration medical centers who died or were discharged by April 11.

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone. About 22% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died too, but the difference between that group and usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that could have affected survival.

Hydroxychloroquine made no difference in the need for a breathing machine, either.

Researchers did not track side effects, but noted hints that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death.

Earlier this month, scientists in Brazil stopped part of a hydroxychloroquine study after heart rhythm problems developed in one-quarter of people given the higher of two doses being tested.​

More deaths, no benefit from malaria drug in VA virus study — AP

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah but he heard somebody on Faux Fascist Noise say it was great!!

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

So, like, you realize that if you jeopardize your finances, you are also jeopardizing your health, right? If we had universal healthcare, you might have a point. For many (most? all?) Americans, their health is tied quite directly to their employment/finances.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My wife and I are going to speak with our finance guy this afternoon, and among our topics of investment conversations will be whether we should purchase oil. My father-in-law, a former wealth manager at Morgan Stanley, has already advised against it for reasons similar to what you just posted. Any other insight you have into it you may have would be appreciated.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

How do I get my money back for the 29 million doses Impeached President Bankrupt Business just bought?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

ABSOLUTELY!! That's part of the point I've tried (and failed) to make endlessly.

And why I won't begrudge ANYONE who wants to go to work. While their work may not be deemed "essential," working most certainly IS essential to most people.

Opioid addiction, suicides . . . increase like crazy in time of economic stress. As dangerous as it is to open things up, it is absolutely dangerous to keep people from making a living.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Body language experts say this is a man who won't take responsibility for his mistakes.

[​IMG]

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

There's a rumor the fat one and his White House bootlickers have already been vaccinated. I am inclined to believe it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You know, had Trump played his cards right, aka, like any other normal and sane president, his approval ratings would be at 70 percent right now.

If he'd listened to his medical experts at the beginning, taken things seriously, done his absolute best, emphasized that this is something that the country has never seen before, shown a modicum of sympathy towards those who lost loved ones or are out of work, appeared at the microphone with Melania wearing masks and showing that they stand with the country, he wouldn't be getting so much flack now.

Instead, he acted like his typical idiotic self, listened to the nitwits on Fox Newz, has fucked up beyond all reason, and will end up killing more people and shredding the economy worse than it needed to be, just because they would rather be perfectly right than helpful.

Seriously, Rush Limbaugh makes $40 million a year and has lung cancer. Why does he give such a fuck about internet conspiracy theories and defending Trump? Just encourage everyone to stay safe, and shelter in place, and nobody will think of him any lesser than they already do.

OscarMadison, Tweener and garrow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.