1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

To be fair, some of those people only wanted their jobs back. And when they get evicted, the Netflix option goes out the window.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I agree that patience will be severely tested in the coming weeks. The real test will be when summer arrives and people aren’t able to take vacations.
    As to why liquor stores are considered essential, remember that liquor stores are state-run in several states. Can’t turn down that revenue.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

@Alma ... Liquor stores are open because they are a gigantic revenue source for states that cannot be turned off right now.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

JINX! Buy me a Coke!

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

$cience.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Also, because if you thought there was panic/hoarding when there was a shortage of T.P. ...

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I was told there would be no German on the test.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hell, we are a country that was told to go shopping after 9/11. We've been at war for 18 years and not asked to sacrifice anything to support it - just be sure to place your hand over your heart when Lee Greenwood starts singing.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

We're soft and spoiled.

Manufactured outrage rules the day.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

I'm not raging, I'm eye-rolling so hard at that post I might have sprained my superior rectus.

But keep encouraging and celebrating people taking the parachute off before they land - just because they're now at 100 feet instead of 10,000.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

It's even more difficult to eat when you're on a ventilator. But, whatevs, 'merica needs to sacrifice the weak to get consumerism (our truest religion and political philosophy) running again.

OscarMadison, SFIND, HanSenSE and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted