1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I thought that once.

Nobody is skeptical of a damn thing if they agree with it. Or if they are it's private; better not to risk disapproval among your peers.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It has a higher death rate. Much higher.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Sorry, had to point it out/give you crap for omitting the word "higher" making it seem like Sweden's death rate was lower than Georgia's given the sentence construction.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

First, I don't think they're necessarily "un-American." No. I wouldn't use that phrase. I rarely would.

Second, I think the landscape of journalism - especially political journalism and public policy journalism, has long been liberal but even more drastically changed over 20 years.

As for Twitter: Yeah, it leans hard left, it is dominated by a handful of loud, shaming voice, and almost all of those voices lean hard left.

Just 6% of US adults on Twitter account for 73% of political tweets… and they disapprove of Trump – TechCrunch

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This is part of the disconnect between many journalists and Trump voters/supporters: Journalists see someone who doesn't have a religious bone or idea in his entire body, and his most faithful, passionate defenders are very religious people.

I'm one of those in the newspaper business who remains a practicing Catholic (granted, of the "cafeteria Catholic" belief system), and it's interesting to see how polarizing Trump can be even in a particular parish. Some are all-in MAGA people, and others (including some priests!) loathe Trump, despite his supposed pro-life views.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That’s good stuff. I stand corrected.
    I am now curious to see how Facebook compares.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

muh muh muh Murrrrder Hornets!

(Sorry.)

We'll see what happens when they get to Texas and tie into those killer bees.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Somebody on Twitter, I forget who, said journalists had a responsibility to call them "alleged murder hornets." While a shitty name for a minor league hockey team, it's a good rock band name.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Maybe they are jerks, I dunno. My point is she veered from hard science into the kind of political science a 23-year-old bike messenger could think up.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You know why journalists (allegedly) lean left and are liberal? Because they put in the time to BECOME a journalist; did the writing, got a degree, wrote stories and columns.

I have no respect for those who criticize others but FAIL to put in the work to do the same.

See the “Right” didn’t put in the same work so all they do is criticize and label. So lazy.

Draft saved Draft deleted