1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'd just as soon name my boat Titanic, Lusitania, or Sultana.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter to the deplorables. They’ll still vote for Candidate A.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If only Trump were an iceberg ... we'd pull for more global warming.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

they wouldn't do this if the media would ask better questions and wasn't so bias against our president

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Nothing China did (or didn't do) erases Trump's colossal failures in responding to the pandemic.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and Mngwa like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sometimes they screw up and tell the truth inadvertently. Pompeo was on This Week this morning expounding on the Chinese handling of Covid-19.

"This is -- this is an enormous crisis created by the fact that the Chinese communist party reverted to form, reverted to the kinds of disinformation, the kinds of concealment that authoritarian regimes do. Had those scientists been operating in America, they would have put this out. There would have been an exchange of ideas and we would have quickly identified the kinds of things that needed to be done in response.

Instead, China behaved like authoritarian regimes do, attempted to conceal and hide and confuse. It employed the World Health Organization as a tool to do the same. These are the kind of things that have now presented this enormous crisis, an enormous loss of life and tremendous economic cost all across the globe."

This is exactly what Trump has done, right down to blaming the WHO.

Kato likes this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

First Cadet Pompeo, breaking the Cadet oath for what seems to be the millionth time. Only the best!

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody’s couch like it’s something to do? Come on. I had a little more sense than that. [short pause] Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie’s couch.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I just heard this term in this context last week, and yes, it should scare the water out of you.

"Boogaloo" refers to a certain sequel, not of an electric breaking movie but of a war. One almost 160 years in the making, in case you didn't know.

In a 21st-century twist, this one will be highly asymmetrical and not confined to Mason-Dixon boundaries. There will be no traditional Grant vs. Lee standing armies. It will be a 50-state guerilla struggle, with disaffected MAGAs driving deep into blue territory to exact damage. And all it will take to set it off is one firecracker at a rally in Lansing or Madison.

Inky_Wretch and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fuck 'em. Put a Hellfire missile up the tailpipe of every idiot with a bumpersticker identifying himself as one of the idiots. That'll calm their shit down real fast. Why do we have the most powerful military in the world if we can't violently suppress domestic insurrection?

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.