1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis, Boobs and CNN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Sep 15, 2017.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I watched the video. It felt and looked like a dude ranting at the end of the bar about something that happened a long time ago. And nobody is listening.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Inexpressibly bad.

Not-quite-up-to-the-standards-of-public-access-cable-channel-47 bad.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's the thing ... he's got talent and still got "It" but is wasting away.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

Songbird-
    The guy has done TV - he couldn't put together a better production effort than that? It looked like a hostage video in sections.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Production value aside, he's bored.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

he's another person who requires a great deal of attention, and a lot of shit is going on that takes it away from him

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As a viewer, I don't care that he's bored.

I care very much that he's boring me.

2muchcoffeeman and Mngwa like this.
  9. His media critiques and insults are about the only way that Jason Whitlock can generate any sort of heat any more. What's the last Whitlock opinion on anything actually sports-related you can remember? I can't think of one. And his critiques of the politics of athletes don't resonate anymore, either, in large part because most Black athletes and Black media members no longer see him as anything other than an attention monger who brokers in respectability politics.

The only way he gets any sort of attention anymore is by ripping other media members.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Much better production values.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

The last time I recall Jason being turned to as a national voice was during the lacrosse scandal at Duke.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. That's a great example of how the dude actually used to contribute some critical thinking on national news stories. Now? It's just basically him calling any athlete's political perspective immature and misguided.

I remember him writing a column -- I think it was on FOX Sports -- in which he stated that America believed in reparations in the case of old, white men who were now crippled because of their football careers, but not after slavery. It was a thought-provoking comparison. At least for me.

The Iverson video shows just how deeply Whitlock pissed him off. I don't know if any contemporary pro athlete would pay him that kind of attention now.

Draft saved Draft deleted