1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He’s got 87 million twitter followers yet the majority of responses to his tweets are negative and less than 5% of his followers like his posts. And less than 1% retweet his messages. His primary form of communication is mostly ignored. I think the media has pretty much stopped reporting all except his most crazed tweets.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not to mention he's wasting his time in Virginia, which is very much not in play. He has zero chance of winning here.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

NiKKKi Haley today quoting the John Birch Society. The GOP has mastered the self-pwn.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know he loves a good show - and to be the star of it - but damn I think this was a major miscalculation on Trump's part. The getable voters are likely turned off and repulsed by such a brazen disregard of public and his own health - not exactly the characteristics you want in your national leader. People who loved the show were going to vote for him anyway.
    If he said "I got it, and I get it." Stayed in the hospital a few days...
    Instead he kind of pissed all over everyone who didn't "win the fight" - might as well call them losers.
    Maybe he figured if he dies doing this, so much the better that he won't be around for Election Day.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

What the hell is it with these idiots’ strange use of the word “strongly?” They say it all the time, with verbs that don’t match.

“We’re going to look at it very strongly.” How do you look at something strongly?

“Standing strongly on the balcony.” Standing strongly???

gingerbread and garrow like this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

How the Republicans don't have a 360-degree plexiglass shield around Pence right now is beyond me. If Trump is incapacitated (and given the events of the past week, I'd put those odds closer to 50-50), Nancy Pelosi is just one virus-carrying vice president away from becoming the 46th President of the United States.

gingerbread likes this.
  7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

As of last night, FATUS is now the Brett Boone of U.S. presidents.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I have to believe 90 percent of those followers are bots.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

At least in the past decade, the only time frame with stats on the CDC website, the highest of the high-water estimates for flu death in any season is 95,000 in 2017-18. In this total time frame, the average estimated annual death count from the flu is 37,462 and the standard length of a defined season is six months. The Trumpandemic's death count at the six-month mark was roughly 180,000.
    Facts are tough for Trumpists to grasp.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You're quoting 538 on the presidential election. Sucker.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.