1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Those "unhappy" people you write about would have overwhelmingly elected President Obama to a third term, had that been legal. And you damn well know it.

2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Biden is doing better than Clinton at this point, not that Clinton was doing terribly nationally. Had she kept up her numbers from this point, she might have won. But Comey happened.

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.03.34 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.02.56 AM.png

RickStain and TowelWaver like this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is pretty accurate, but I think you miss the "Thank God Biden is so dull" part of the equation.

RickStain likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Neither are the majority of Alabama voters. But he checks the boxes. White Old Male and a big mouth Christian whose piety is on his jersey but not in his heart and soul. Typical christian conservative, stupid and selfish.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

What really strikes me is how few undecideds there are. At this point in 2016, Clinton+Trump was only running at about 84. Biden+Trump is averaging 93.5.

My guess is Trump needs to get it down to a -5 margin to bring it within plausible EC+theft range (stuff like oops the USPS lost a million ballots or how weird we decided that all these mail-in ballots don’t have a sufficiently similar signature to the one on file and they are all from minority zip codes).

He got one point from polling error last time, maybe two this time is the most he can possibly hope for. So he needs to gain ~3 points to have any chance at all short of declaring the entire election invalid.

Could I see it? Sure. Biden is riding high right now and probably due for some reversion. Trump is in the middle of one of his low points right now. In the past, he’s managed to bump his approval ratings up a few points by managing to go a week’s worth of news cycles without punching himself in the dick. Not often, but he’s done it a couple of times.

or we could just do a replay of 2016 and the NYT runs a massive Hunter Biden expose featuring no new information a week before the election.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I kind of miss the Onion’s version of VP Biden.

For me, the defining moment of Biden’s candidacy was when they brought out Obama and he talked about how it wasn’t about Biden at all but a vote for democracy itself. It’s the smart play and he seems happy to go along with it. He’s just there to smile and remind older Americans of what it was like to have politicians who were still old, white and gropey but also polite and mostly competent.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

There’s no ingrained hate for Joe and no possibility of first time woman president. Thank goodness. It’s a solid easy choice and I still can’t understand that this is even a question at this point.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Quality shade by the author having very similar quotes by his campaign manager in the middle of the story and the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.