1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Don't want to start any fights with anyone. I find the whole emphasis on the big wedding to be tacky and superficial. Of all the things going on in a pandemic, the loss of these wedding is down at rock bottom of my concerns. That's just me.

SFIND likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The land mass doesn't matter. The willingness of the people to follow guidelines combined with effective leadership does.

HanSenSE and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Spoken like a man who has gone through it, but doesn't have a daughter looking to do the same.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just the opposite. We had an extremely small wedding at my wife's parent's house. One of my friends said years later that he watched from a broom closet. There were a lot of other things going on in our life that made a super small wedding the best choice. My wife and i never looked back, and I'm proud of the 27 years of marriage, and could really not care much about the wedding day. Just me, one size doesn't fit all.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

goin' great!

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My wife and I were together, on and off and on again, for six years before we married. Our oldest was 3.5 when we got married. She made a lovely flower girl.

HanSenSE, maumann and OscarMadison like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

One qualifier: Just because a nation isn't doing worse than us doesn't make them a COVID success story. I was basically referring to the countries we typically trot out as examples of "they did it right!": Japan, South Korea, Norway, etc.

Ain't my theory. But if you can find a large, spread-out nation with a deaths-per-million rate anywhere near Japan/South Korea/New Zealand/Norway, etc., I'm all ears.

Sprawling Countries Find Coronavirus Hard to Contain

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Breaking news from 1981: No apparent danger to nonhomosexuals from contagion.

RARE CANCER SEEN IN 41 HOMOSEXUALS (Published 1981)

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted