1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It is raining here.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Depends on what the definition of "Is" is.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Those insanely long lines at the polls - for early voting! - are not inspiring. They piss me off. It’s 2020. We shouldn’t have to stand in line for hours and hours to vote.

wicked, garrow, Spartan Squad and 3 others like this.
  4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a very good point.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Where do I sign up?

I have to ask this. Why in the name of everything that is good and therefore not Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul, do you people hug the St. Andrew's Cross the way you do? I have done years -years- of fieldwork in Kentucky and if I can get past this latest health bump, will be doing so again. The way I can tell whether I am in Tennessee or Kentucky when I'm in border communities is the presence of Confederate battle flags. You see them once in a great while in Tennessee, but it seems like every third house has the stors'n'bors flying, used as a curtain in a house or truck, or nailed to the side of a house.

Why?

Y'all didn't even secede. Do you have a pathological need to pay for other people's sins?

I write this as someone who loves the place and consider my years as a student in Bowling Green as the Hogwarts period everyone should experience at least once in their lives. I love the place, but I do not understand this. Neither do friends from there who still live there and sink money, time, and tears into trying to help the people of the commonwealth.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sure it did ...

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Is that Dr. Qunt? I never get names right.

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I'll be direct.

The OldTonys and YankeeFans of the world play the out-of-context game constantly. Hillary's "What difference does it make!" is a prime example.

You never, ever, ever seem to work up the energy to critique those guys.

It's like YankeeFan's running criticism of "The Media!" When it's never, ever directed at people he agrees with politically, it comes across as disingenuous.

It's not that you care about "you guys don't know what 'said!' means."

It's because you hate this board, you hate the people that post on this board (I can offer numerous posts on the rejects site as evidence), and you're here only to pick a fight.

9. Baron Scicluna

Vote the blue people in, and they'll be fixing this.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

I always thought it was Dr. Quaint.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Were you there when the massacre happened?

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

oscar, well said. Tony Horwitz asks the same kinds of questions of Kentucky in Confederates in the Attic.

Overcompensation, it looks like.

I was on a drunken float trip years back in Paris, Ky.
    Heard the N-word from an old woman and had a girlfriend's breasts commented on in the span of about 30 hours.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.