1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’m switching to Ray Bans if he wins.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

You could make an awesome mashup of clips of fuckhead FATUS short-circuiting.

But that's what happens with a head full of bad wiring.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yep. Not a big deal. Utterly meaningless. Aaron Rupar is Sam Darnold, seeing ghosts on the field.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Slurring, twitching, demented impeached Individual 1 pedo rapist serial adulterer whoremonger serial bankruptor mob money launderer living pile of shit limping to the finish by begging women to...vote for him.

Blue wave of intergalactic dimensions coming.

heyabbott likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A personal being mad at editors story. At the Lillehammer Olympics, after the first night of ladies' figure skating, which the Herald had covered as the end of the world (so had everybody else, but we had a hometown heroine), Nancy Kerrigan skated well and Tonya melted down like the sad pudding she was. My lead was "Nancy beat Sluggo." My lead as written by editor in chief Andy Costello for the front page had 47 words in the first sentence including "Stoneham-born." I was not happy. When I got back a week later I stormed into Andy's office and began with tempered objection, "it's a damn good thing for you the Brady Bill became law when I was over there." Things went downhill from there, mostly on my end. I stormed off, went to Foley's for a beer or five, and awaited discipline. I never got any. Andy later said, "that was nothing compared to some of the ones I have with the news columnists." Andy was IMO not a terrific editor, but that was a class move on his part.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Clinton + PA + MI + that one NE congressional district would be a very plausible 269-269 scenario. The Republicans narrowly control the state delegations in the House now, but the incoming house would be the one to vote, and that could go either way.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

In my deal, to boil it down ... if my personal writing style was Hemingway, the editor turned it into Melville and left my name on it. That's why I was so pissed.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nearly 20 years ago, I bought my house. A couple of years after buying it, I found a bottle of whiskey on the shelf of one of the closets. Every so often through the years, I’d pour myself a drink here and there, even though I have no idea if I’m poisoning myself.

The last time I drank from that bottle was on Election Night 2016 after coming home from work, when I was watching Trump celebrating. I poured that drink out of a sense of dread over what would happen in the next four years.

I haven’t drank out of that bottle in four years. I’m hoping to drink out of it again on November 3 to celebrate. Hopefully, I won’t poison myself.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

*record scratch*
    *freeze frame*

Yep, that's me. You're probably wandering how I got in this situation.

[​IMG]

10. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

don’t worry, don’t think you’re poisoning yourself. Hoping for a cheers on the 3rd.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Trump Mocks Biden: 'He Will Listen to the Scientists'

so much virtue signaling from biden

“If you vote for Biden,” said Trump, “he will surrender your jobs to China. He will surrender your future to the virus. He’s going to lock down, he’s going to want us to lock down.”

“He will listen to the scientists,” Trump continued in a mocking tone. “If I listened totally to the scientists, we would right now have a country that would be in a massive depression, instead of, we’re like a rocket ship. Take a look at the numbers.”

gingerbread likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

No sleep till Biden!

Mngwa, Webster and Inky_Wretch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.