1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Look, BTE is just being BTE. He's throwing out complete BS to pretend like he's playing devil's advocate. When obesity is contagious, he'll have a point. Until then, just keep listening to the people who are trying to stop a deadly disease from spreading further and ignore the "I'm just asking questions" guy.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It’s not about science or rights. It’s about tribes and politics. Trump downplayed the virus in an effort to maintain his booming economy and job rates. If he had said from day 1 that masks were the answer they’d all wear them without hesitation.

gingerbread and lakefront like this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

speaking of Trump and farmers

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Jeffrey Tubin’

heyabbott likes this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I tell you what, when I'm on a Teams call listening to coworkers ramble on about membership numbers and what not, my first thought is, shit, why not pull out my dick?

Slacker, HanSenSE, swingline and 4 others like this.
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

First junk mail. Then junk e-mail. Now junk calls?

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

NOW Fox News pretends to have standards? Next thing you know, GOP Senators are going to claim they never, ever liked Trump.

9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I think you missed my point. The anti-maskers out there would rather die before being told what to do. Whether they believe what they're told or not. I believe far more of them believe the science than wear masks. They don't wear them just because.

My larger point, in response to BTE, was in spite of what the science tells us about being overweight, American culture makes it damn hard to not be overweight. And it takes a lifetime commitment to not be overweight. The mask thing? We're asking folks to wear them for a relatively short time and they're not willing to do that. Just because.

qtlaw likes this.
  10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a way. Too many out there refuse for the sake of refusing. It's apparently easier to be a dick than to try to do what's best for everyone.

11. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

They might. But I think the percentage of people who don't wear masks that would start wearing them because Trump said so is small. They don't wear one because they don't want to wear one. Trump just legitimizes the behavior.

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I had a chiropractor trying to explain to me that last week on Twitter that if you ate healthy and got all your vitamins it could cure the virus or stop you from getting it. Look I understand a healthy living has an impact, but a virus is a virus. Even healthy people get it. But I ended the conversation as soon as he stepped out of his lane. I love chiropractors, I have a good chiropractor because my back needs onesl. But I don't want to hear about virology and epidemiology from chiropractor.

Slacker, HanSenSE, wicked and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.