1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Burisma!!!!

2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

"Rudy Giuliani, meet Jeffrey Toobin. Jeffrey Toobin, Mr. Giuliani." Even if it weren't COVID-times, I'd advise against shaking hands.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The anti-choice movement is all about subjecting women. I don't see how that is even a question any more.

I've said it before. These people don't really think abortion is murder. If I believed that babies were being murdered, I hope I would do a hell of a lot more than just vote for Republicans and hope they fix the problem someday.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Lindsey looked like he was crying before that Hannity interview.

This guy's not gay, he's just soft.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

culture in need of an overhaul

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. outofplace

President Trump is amoral, incompetent, and selfish. He has surrounded himself with people who also embody those traits. Many of them, like DeVos, have the trifecta.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

You cannot convince me we’re not living in a simulation.

The Rudy-Borat thing convinced me once and for all.

Some aliens are playing SimCity and they’re fucking with us.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Resume? Sure. The problem is that she simply does not have the skills of a natural politician. She's not particularly likable. Throw in that she was a female candidate for President and that Faux News had been using her for a pinata for twenty years. She's smart as hell and was always a policy wonk - but that "Would you like to have a beer with her?" thing won't go in her favor often.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

McGovern, Humphrey, Gore, Mondale, Kerry and my personal favorites Daniel Moynihan and Henry Jackson were all better. Hillary was the wife of a President who was given 1 job, health care reform, and failed. She was elected as a carpet bagger in a State that welcomes it, see RFK. She was a quiet backbencher in the Senate and a decent if undistinguished SoS.
    She came off as an entitled and patronizing person who deigned to campaign

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

this

EED8AE14-4AE6-429C-BC0B-6D1BEC6F00E7.jpeg

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  11. outofplace

I've been saying for a while that it is one of Biden's big advantages. He is easy to like. Clinton was not. People certainly don't hate him the way they hated her.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My favorite part of that tweet is the people who replied asking who Jason Whitlock is. And the responses from other people telling them who he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.