1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

From Haberman just now:

UPDATE: The total of aides around Pence in the coronavirus outbreak is up to FIVE people. Short, Obst and 3 additional VP office staff, per ppl briefed

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It’s as if everyone in this administration is fucking reckless and stupid.

Make them go away.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

FIFY

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yeah, but everybody should vote for Trump because if he loses, his klan will be even more brazen and less likely to wear masks. So says the logic I've read in one corner of this space today. This is being posited as a reason to vote for a sitting president who doesn't care about stopping a killer health crisis and, in fact, wants to strip millions of health insurance during a crisis he doesn't want to stop.
    Some argument.

6. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

My small quibble: the kids of my friends who died on 9/11, and the kids of my friends who have since died (or are dying) of 9/11 cancer, definitely experienced that life-changing event. They are young adults now, and not all have rebounded in healthy ways. The pandemic has only added to their mental health issues, the grief and depression they've always known.

I appreciate and adore everyone who's contributed to this discussion. Maybe one day we'll be able to have another of our SJ meet-ups and I can buy a round. Ha, wouldn't that be a hoot!

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

SNL pointed out a good observation last night.
    Bill Clinton, elected POTUS in 1992, is - by a few months - still younger than either Trump or Biden.

Inky_Wretch, maumann and TowelWaver like this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Mental illness isn't the problem. Speaking out about mental illness is the problem.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...f5e2b6-13c0-11eb-ba42-ec6a580836ed_story.html

Adopting a notionally neutral stance in this case doesn’t just create a void where professional expertise should be — it serves to normalize dysfunctional behavior. Paradoxically, the suggestion seems to be that speaking out about mental illness is the problem. But in truth, it is remaining silent about Donald’s obvious psychological impairment that is stigmatizing. By claiming that its silence is neutral, the APA is essentially granting Donald’s campaign an in-kind contribution while the American people remain subject to his often deranged and unpredictable behavior, without the tools necessary to evaluate it or understand how it renders him unfit for the office he holds.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah, I can smell it coming now: We must be understanding of Fatf.... Mister Trump ... because he is afflicted with cognitive and behavioral disorders. This explains all his unconventional behavior.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Should narcissism be considered an illness? That implies that it can be corrected/cured.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This is U.S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.