1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Scott Rasmussen once went on a cruise with conservative think-tankers. That must have been a whale of a good time.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's a good thing we thanked our favorite President seven weeks ago when the Dow hit 29,000

heyabbott likes this.
  3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Plus, no drunk sitting next to me at a bar ever gave me alcoholism.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tombstone? Tucson?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Took the wrong exit off I-680.

upload_2020-10-28_19-20-30.jpeg

HanSenSE, heyabbott and TowelWaver like this.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I filled out my very long ballot this weekend. Usually, I wait until the Sunday before Election Day, but it's a huge ballot here (six pages with lots of judges and other crap on there; took me about a little more than an hour as I research things, unless there are issues/candidates I know I'm voting for). Snow kept me from delivering it on Sunday or Monday where I usually drop it off (station in the middle of a street in downtown Denver). I did so on Tuesday afternoon. Just received an email that my ballot has been accepted for counting.

That means my signature on the outside of the envelope has been verified by Republican and Democratic election judges. They do not open/count the votes until 7 p.m. on Election Night when all ballots must be in hand (not postmarked).

The first couple of years we went to all mail-in had some issues. But the previous SOS (R) really did a great job solidifying things and the process is so damn easy. And inexcusable to not vote. And I have NO sympathy for anyone in this state who complains they couldn't vote. You have three weeks from when you got your ballot. Mail it in (as of this past Monday) or drop it off at several drop-off locations that are all secured with surveillance cameras. Every single one in the state.

We are a model every state should follow.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He's fucking late.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Sounds like a “setup” to later be able to claim evidence of voter fraud when Biden wins the election.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Massachusetts Secretary of State Bill Galvin ain't called "The Prince of Darkness" for no reason, and he's been dead against voting reforms since forever. Opposed Internet registration until 2018. But even he allowed early voting in 2016 and mail voting this year, because he knew it might cost him his phony-baloney job if he didn't. We're a high turnout state anyway. Town clerk said my town, Lexington, already has had 64 percent of registered voters cast ballots. We usually wind up around 80 percent, probably more this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.