1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Good! COVID will still be here, though.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I don’t think it will matter who’s president in regards to the pandemic. When Biden takes over, he will be fought at every turn by Trumpist judges, governors, and local sheriffs who will refuse to enforce any ani-virus orders.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They're full of shit and liable to die of wilful ignorance. I wish my brother wasn't exactly that stupid, and his wife is a nurse practitioner... and he's a retired RN. Fox News rots the brain.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Yeah, but once the hospitals are overflowing and the death rate soars again (only nationwide this time, not just in NY/NJ) they will be shouted down. The same people who are motivated to get out and vote are motivated to change that nonsense.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sadly, there's enough evidence of what people do during virus spikes that we know how they'll react. When things get real bad, enough of them voluntarily embrace suppression behaviors such as masks, social distancing, avoiding groups, etc. When things get better, more people slack off.

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

My daily GOP mailer yesterday was "Biden wants to shut down the economy and the schools because of the CHINA virus!"

Well, since your party was in charge and already screwed it up to the tune of 250,000 dead people, by all means, I'm willing to let adults handle it this time.

(The day before was "Ossoff is coming to get your guns! Or make it harder for you to buy one!" Which again, is so stupid that even the gravel driveway outside wouldn't fall for that.)

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2020-10-30 Mark Gongloff on Twitter.png

maumann likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I have to admit, twice in the last couple of days I've walked to a grocery store without my mask. Even got in the door yesterday. I was chagrined. Turned around and went and got the mask both times, but it struck me how easy it is to think things are back to *normal* when there's a lot of people out and about doing their thing. I've been a mask wearer for months on end, and I make sure my family wears one if we go anywhere (which we don't, not as a family), and I found myself lacking the last couple of days.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

I wish I had a dollar for every time I have gotten out of the car, started to go inside, and then realized I did not have my mask on and had to double back and get it.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mask fatigue is a real thing. My glasses fog up nearly every time I wear mine, so I take them off and put them back on multiple times when I'm grocery shopping.

But, my god, being complacent isn't an option. My mom is one of those, "Will you look at his hair?" types, and even she recognizes the need to wear a mask.

Draft saved Draft deleted