1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Certainly possible. It looks like it's serving him well in Florida and Wisconsin, but *fuck* Florida.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I just called to say I hate you.

gingerbread likes this.
  3. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

As I've stated before, between Philly and Pittsburgh roughly 500,000 registered Democrats did not vote in 2016. Even if half of those would vote this time Biden should win the state easily.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pearlman is practically balled up on the bathroom floor. He has tweeted and retweeted like 5,000 times the last few days.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The polls were wrong (by a little nationally, by somewhat more in Pa., Mich., Wisc.) so some Democrats are no longer going to believe empirical evidence. Saw a post on twitter where the guy described Democrats reacting to a bad poll and then to a good one. Used the same three emojis expressing sadness and anxiety for each one. Look, Trump could win, because in a two unit contest either person/team can. But as upsets go, this would make Trump's win in 2016 look like the Lakers winning the NBA title for 2020.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The first of four days of in-person voting in Riverside County CA overwhelms system.

130 voters assistance centers at schools, community centers and similar locations have replaced traditional polling sites. A smaller number of sites have been collecting drop-off ballots for a couple of weeks.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

We found him.

8. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'll fully cop to spending too much time obsessing over unlikely scenarios.

If you're asking me what I think is most likely to happen, I think as soon as Florida starts reporting results, all the analysts will agree the early returns look awful for Trump and spend a few hours talking about how bad it looks without wanting to actually call it. Then when they do, that's effectively game over.

I think Biden probably wins Georgia too. North Carolina will be too close to call but it will only be for style points.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

FIRST OF FOUR days? In-person early voting started there Oct. 5.

Today is the last day of early voting in 20 states. Friday was the last day in the others.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.