1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I know he's on blood thinners because my granny got hands like that occasionally.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

McConnell graduated from Trump University MAGA Coumadin

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Closer to 55-36, if 2016 is any guide. Call it 61-39 to make it add up to 100.

How Groups Voted in 2016 | Roper Center for Public Opinion Research

I know everyone wants to believe they only turn Trumpist when they're old, but . . .

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I certainly thought it was well-put.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Willie is a national treasure. I'll bleed all over the RIP thread when that man goes.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I care a lot more about what he's selling here.

7. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Don't know if it means anything but The Virtual Tout, a data prediction model, now has Biden with his lowest percent chance of winning at 72 percent and 292 Electoral Votes. Sunday it was at around 82 percent and 308 Electoral Votes.

Also, Biden's Real Clear Politics lead is below 7 for the first time in a few months. In the top battlegrounds it's at 2.9 and Trump is above 46 percent for the first time ever in top battlegrounds. With a lot of votes already cast it might not mean a thing, but...

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think there was a big influx of younger voters between 16 and the 18 midterms, and judging from those results, they didn't vote red. So it might be an even larger disparity than 61-39. Either way, not good for a party with a strong contingent of angry old white men.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

On the other hand, 538 still has Biden with a 90% chance to win. It has him at a 69% chance to win Florida, which is up from the 61% chance on Oct. 28. DecisionDeskHQ has Biden at 86%. High-water mark was 88% on Oct. 28.
    This is encouraging. But I'm not buying champagne just yet. I remember four years ago.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

How can I put this. Real Clear Politics includes or excludes polls to make the Republican look better. It's a corrupt institution. They say it's just by date of polls but it's not true. They drop top-rated pollsters and leave Republican touts like Trafalgar. Trump could still win, but this "he's got the momentum" is all lying with statistics. The polls have to be wrong -- really wrong. Otherwise, no.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

They recruited Luke AND Han.

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I'm impressed by the number of celebrities who have given voice to these ads.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.