1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Can we get one fucking win in 2020? I've lost freelance work -- I'm sure we've all lost work -- I've watched Ms. BYM2 bury her mom and then we had to put down her mom's dog three months later. I'm sure there are people on this board who have lost loved ones as well. I have friends who have lost jobs they loved and probably will never get back. The one thing I thought we could at least get together and accomplish was flushing this turd. But no, even that has to be a struggle. Goddam, can we just get one fucking bone tossed our way. Jesus.

2. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

This is a reasonable take.

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I had dinner with a buddy who’s dad is a retired police chief and who admittely went Trump in 2016; he admitted he couldn’t vote Trump in 2020; just too bad for pst 4 yea.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Pa. vote analyst on MSNBC says that there are 2.2 million uncounted mail in votes there, and those will run heavily for Biden.

TowelWaver likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This either is or ain’t a d_b. I’m posting it anyway.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

All four members of the squad won their elections. The first trans representative was elected, in Delaware.
    NJ voted to legalize marijuana; Oregon decriminalized possession. Parishes around New Orleans accepted sports gambling.
    A lot of liberal victories in a country where Trump is doing better than most predicted. Interesting times.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

As someone who likes obsessing over maps as the votes come in on Election Day, having to learn which states count early ballots first, which states count early ballots last, and which do a mix is *really fucking annoying*. They added about eight layers to this election night that didn't need to be there.

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd like to find out how people voted for this and Trump.

gingerbread and SFIND like this.
  10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

How do states - in 20Fucking20 - not count votes all the same way? No votes yet in Nevada?

Come the fuck on. Some can count and others can't? This is so dumb.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

States' rights vs. federalism. It's why some states do early voting and some don't, why some do paper and others are fully electronic.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No fucking excuse for Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania to not join tyhe 21sgt century. Fuck the GOP and their refusal to allow early counting.

Jerry-atric likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.