1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Tom Cotton

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

I have no idea who wins the presidency. A Biden win is less painful than Trump by wide margins.
    But, the fact so many people stuck with Trump after four years of his cruelty, bungling, racism, lies, epic mismanagement of the pandemic and playing footsie with Russia is depressing. This election feels like a defeat no matter who wins as president. I optimistically thought many people would vote with their better angels, boot Trump out and maybe send a good message to future politicians and voters. Instead, the people who scream about division voted for the most divisive figure in our nation's history.
    The Democrats need to do better, but I see no end to the hatred between the two sides now that so many embraced Trump.
    This is disheartening for this moderate voter who has voted for plenty of Republicans and wants a return to a functioning government where the president isn't proudly being a moron every damn day of the week.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

A lot of frustrations.
    1) The PA Secretary of State's website, which you'd figure would be the source, has both candidates with > 100,000 fewer votes than media sources are reporting.
    2) Various media sites differ on the number of votes received by both Senate competitors in Maine by 100,000 for each candidate. Huge difference in a small state. (One says Collins has 393,000; another site has her at 296,000. Both time-stamped identically.
    3) In AZ, two sources have Biden at 1.4 million votes and Trump at 1.3 million. One source says the totals represent 97% of the votes. Another says those same totals represent 85% of the votes.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

7. tapintoamerica

This ain't gonna be worth gloating. If Biden wins, he won't have the Senate. Trumpists will gladly take that deal. They should be giddy with it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Are you having reading issues? My post said Dems winning 50 or 51 is plausible. How does that mean he doesn’t have the senate?

10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Solid point by her. But having taught college journalism courses for the better part of a decade and having never had a Latin student and only one black one, I'm not sure how you fix that. And yes, I do understand that's anecdotal, but still ...

OscarMadison, SFIND, maumann and 2 others like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

I guess I disagree that the Georgia seats are plausible and that Gideon will win. I don't think any of those are going the right way.

12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Curious what you think Gideon's path is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.