1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Journey Fire Ross Valory, Steve Smith for Allegedly Trying to Take Control of Band Name

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I wonder what the Secret Service or FBI does when either Beavis or Butt Head goes on twitter and either overtly or imply that someone should do something to Biden.
    That's a straight up no-no.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They can dish it out, but they can't take it. Punks, all of 'em. To me, the saddest part of the Trump era is how many of his supporters took on his personal characteristics as well as his political views. He has increased the number of complete assholes in our country by an enormous amount, people who in 2015 were probably pretty normal folks with Republican views.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The best thing that came out of the pandemic was the largest paper in our region disabled comments on its website. It was always the same handful of nuts making the same kind of comments on every story. It didn't matter if it was a political story or the grand opening of a carwash.

HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Ive seen two Trumpists on facebook claiming they are leaving for the Trump version of Twitter. One made the same comment months ago. The thin-skinnedness is comical.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  7. maumann

You must be "THIS EMPLOYED" to be responsible for the ride of the past four years.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If Trumpism stands for anything it is the infallibility of Trump. He is beloved for his fragile ego, defying norms, speaking untruths and never admitting that he has done anything wrong. I mean he made an innocent slip of the tongue regarding a hurricane hitting Alabama and rather than just laugh it off, he had a government agency issue a statement that he was right and he took a Sharpie to a weather map.

He is not going to gracefully concede because he in incapable of doing so. He will not think of the greater good because he isn’t wired that way and his supporters love him for that fact. When a monkey flings its poop, we shouldn’t be surprised that it didn’t flush it down a toilet.

wicked, swingline, HanSenSE and 8 others like this.
  9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

My favorite Brothers Johnson song is I’ll be Good to You.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

How is life in Fox land?
    Led by Pete “The Parrot” Hegseth the general theme is: “Unity? They ain’t gonna be no fucking unity.”

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The HBO movie "Game Change" made a big deal of the kerfuffle when Palin wanted to give a speech in support of McCain and was brusquely shut down. Did you catch any wind of that?

12. maumann

Good morning! Sonny and Cher ... are NOT playing on the radio and I'm 15 minutes from Tahoe again.

The sun is out. The birds are singing. The coffee's hot. The Gators whupped the Bulldogs. I've got two times the neighborhood bragging rights.

Two months of campaign attack ads? Piece of cake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.